terça-feira, março 31, 2009

A América de Marilyn Manson

O título do novo álbum de Marilyn Manson (a ser lançado no dia 25 de Maio) é todo um programa: The High End of Low. Terá, aliás, como primeiro single (13 de Abril) o tema Arma... Geddon. Para já, MM oferece We're from America no seu próprio site — é uma canção nacional, não exactamente nacionalista:

We're from america, where we eat our young
We're from America, it's where jesus was born
We're from America, where they let you cum on there faces
We're from America, we speak american

We don't believe in credibility, because we know that were fucking incredible

I want to be a martyr don't want to be a victim,
Be a killer with a gun so they call me a hero,
Want to be a martyr don't want to be a victim,
Be a killer with a gun so they call me a hero

God is an excuse
So sing it with me
We're from America, you can sing it with me

We don't like to kill our unborn, we need them to grow up and fight our wars
We believe in everything we say, we say it because we believe it

We're from America, you can sing it with me
We're from America, we turn literature into litter
We're from America, we believe in being a quitter

I'm in recovery
We're from America, so sing it with me,
We're from America, you can sing it with me

We eat our young