quarta-feira, abril 08, 2020

Randy Newman em quarentena

Dias de COVID-19: Randy Newman escreveu uma canção de quarentena, para a quarentena — uma bela história de amor em que a ordem para "ficar longe" tem a suavidade de uma carícia.

>>> Venus in sweatpants. That's who you are. And when this mess is over. I'll buy you a car. We'll drive that car. So fast and so far. All your stupid friends. Will be left behind. Stay away from me. Baby, keep your distance, please. Stay away from me. Words of love in times like these. I'm gonna be with you 24 hours a day. A lot of people couldn't stand that. But you can. You'll be with me 24 hours a day. What a lucky man I am. Stay away from me. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. How do you like that. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face, I saw you. Thirty years together. And we're still having funOnce we were two, now we are one. Let's go out and get a burger. When you're done, you're done. Memories of the past. Be kind to one another. Tell her you love her every day. If you're angry about something, let it go. If the kids are frightened, tell them not to be afraid. But don't let them touch your face. Don't let them touch your face. All right. Thank you very much.