domingo, março 03, 2019

A televisão... And the Kids

O esplendor da capa seria razão suficiente para assinalar, aqui, When This Life Is Over, terceiro álbum do trio And the Kids, de Massachusetts, ou seja, Hannah Mohan, Rebecca Lasaponaro e Taliana Katz [NPR]. Mas há mais: uma sensibilidade em que a transparência das palavras e a lucidez poética geram uma sonoridade genuinamente independente. Exemplo: No Way Sit Back, canção sobre esse assombramento de ter "aprendido tudo através da televisão" — com teledisco exemplar.

Everything I learned came from the television
I can't help but feel that I've got tunnel vision
I'm starting to swim in the recipe, devise it for me
We can always talk about, but when could we just see?

Everything I learned came from the television
I can hardly think and I can hardly begin
I'm starting to sink in the recipe, devised up for me
We can always laugh about, but when could we just be?

Face it face it
We don't need to go into the basement
We don't even believe the paper paper
Why don't you come over?
Lick my mouth and we can understand the man
[...] 

The world was never made for made for us
[...]